Sunday, August 9, 2009

It's Out There... yikes!

Had DH review and proof the profile this morning. Flipped it to PDF, burned it to a thumb drive. Emailed SW and sent her the PDF of the profile with a note saying that a) we have a dedicated email for this now so nothing gets lost in the everyday shuffle, and b) that I'll have hard copies made today or tomorrow and I'll send them to Agency, and to please let me know how many copies to send them.

Then I went to Big Office Supply Store (BOSS? Really? LOL), got a decent price on color copies on decent paper, and bought binding materials (I'm not paying tons of money extra for them to to it). It was a good thing because everyone's getting school supplies and we got to skip lines and pay at the printing counter. Yeah, baby!

As DH and I walked out to the car to have lunch at Baja Fresh (not as good as it used to be, but doable for today's purposes), not only did I feel this lightness of soul, but this deep-seated excitement: we're doing this, we really are. Oh my God. :D

So here I am, preparing to assemble the profiles. I figure one to Boss's drawer, at least four to Agency, and I have several extras to go where anyone wants to show them.

I'm going to send the electronic profiles to only a limited pool outside of the state. I'm not sure I want to try to plan for sudden travel to anywhere in the US - so only a few friends in about four states. I'm putting the out of state stuff in God's hands - not going to obsess where it takes me.

It's almost like jumping out of a plane to skyjump: you know that where you end up will, 99% of the time, land you somewhere safe and dry - it's just the jump out of the plane that's scary as hell.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

5 comments:

RB said...

This is all very exciting!

Just Believing said...

this deep-seated excitement: we're doing this, we really are. Oh my God. :D


I feel this same way!!! Just on cloud 9!

Congrats!!!!

Erica said...

Woo hoo! This is so exciting!! I know exactly what you mean. The moment that profile is done, it's like flipping on an "Open" sign. It's exciting and terrifying all at the same time...but oh what a thrill!

Erica

hope548 said...

Congratulations on having your profile finished!!

Claudya Martinez said...

You are on your way!