Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday Meh

My day started with a horrific drive into work. I guess that’s payback for a great Sunday where 1) the stupid, overrated Cardinals lost and 2) my Cowboys won - not a pretty win, but a win. They'd better tighten up their playing for the Giants next week. Still very happy about both of those developments.
I make details of my laborious drive into work my status in FB and I get the comment, "Why don't you take the light rail?" Oh, let's not even go there. The light rail is a complete joke. Do not start my Monday off with a discussion about Phoenix's stupid, half-assed light rail.

Regarding the email exchange, thank you for your responses. I have allowed that correspondence to die. If this person resurfaces, I’ll give them the information I found and tell them to go fly a kite. This is hard enough without sh*tdisturbers, as many of you know.

I have only gotten one reply to my letters to my local politicians. Typical.

Half the attorneys I sent letters to haven’t responded. No surprise there, either.

Past that, not much else to report. We have a meeting with an attorney on Friday – Boss’ pal – and after reading Achievement Lawyer’s letter with the $285 consult fee (to which Boss commented, “well, she’s one of the adoption bigshots in the state. No surprise.”), Pal’s paltry $150 fee is nothing. I’m still holding off on calling her office.

I’m getting ready to send the business cards to certain places and to our pastor.

Guess I’d better get to work. Have a great and safe week, everyone.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Sorry you had such a bad drive in. There is nothing worse than a bad commute to set a bad tone for the day. Hopefully, the day got better and you are having a good evening. I hope all goes well with the lawyer consult and with the distribution of your business cards. I know networking on your own is hard. Hang in there!

Erica