Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lethargy

Not a happy camper. Stuck at work with no prospect of coming home any time soon. Might as well blog if Boss is going to waste my time; quid pro quo.

Last week’s meeting got pushed to tomorrow, so nothing doing there. I’ll pass along what happens on Monday, or during the weekend if I feel like it.

Still mulling over paying nearly $300 to have that particular lawyer show our profile. On one hand, it’s a ridiculous sum for what it is with no guaranteed results – it’s like giving the money to the government. On the other hand, the more the profile gets out, the better.

I’m kind of lethargic about the whole adoption thing at the moment. I’m not angry, and not even close to wanting to quit, but I’m just “meh.”My shoulders are getting a workout from shrugging. It took a lot of mental energy just to start writing this entry. I know it will pass, and I know that several others in our circle have experienced the lethargy at differing levels, but right now, I’m just completely indifferent, which means there’s no fire under my ass. I have things to send out, but I just push it off. Meh.

I’m thinking that I’ll feel better once I go out of town for a week. I’m visiting one of my best friends from high school, and I am looking forward to that. I’m battling DH’s weird resentment about it, although we’d discussed it several times and long before I booked it. I don’t know why he’s being that way. Very strange.

Much like Kellie at Life and Adoption, but probably for longer, I’ve thought about migrating to Wordpress. One, I could merge this blog with my sister blog and only write on one blog in one interface. There are certain features that I like on WP that Blogger doesn’t have... but I’m hesitant because the reverse is true, also. If I recall correctly, I can PW protect individual entries, whereas here I’d have to PWP the whole shebang, which is what I don’t want to do. But I like the “followers” feature here, and like the way one can follow blogs on the dashboard. I’m torn. I’m also a complete cheap-ass and don’t want to pay for it... heh.

I’ll pop in later. Have a great weekend, everyone

1 comment:

Maru said...

yes, we've all felt the lethargy. hang in there. :o)