Thursday, September 3, 2009

I Would Like to Thank The Academy...

*teary eyed smile*
*looks out at audience*

Thank you, thank you... I just got my very first award!







Mrs. H at The Last Best Hope honored me with the Honest Scrap Award.

Here's how it works:
There are three rules for this award:
First, link back to the person who gave you the award (see above)Second, give the award to 10 other bloggers.
Third, list 10 honest things about yourself.


I’m rearranging the order of the thing for suspense. Here goes for the honesty:

1. I have an addiction to Starbucks’ decaf venti mochas. I know they’re probably killing me (and my wallet), but I like them. A lot. When I went on hiatus for my physical the other day, it was ridiculous. Jonesin’ like crazy. I swear there are extra addiction additives even in my simple drink.

2. If the economy wasn’t so bad that even law firms are laying off folks, I would be SO GONE from my current employer. I love him dearly, but I’m not making the money I should be with my education and experience. OTOH, do I really want to start over with another employer, have baby manna drop from heaven and have to quit? It’s a toughie.

3. I’m hesitant to set up what will be the nursery. I know I have to get the two must-haves – car seat and 4-in-1 bed – but I’m flinching and I don’t know why.

4. I think fully half the people on the roads should have their licenses revoked.

5. I’m not desperate for a child. I am unusually (for me) patient, tolerant, excited, expectant... but I’m not desperate. I want the child that comes to us to be the one we’re meant to have, not the one we settled for.

6. I’m still pissed at Billy Joel for canceling his concert and going into rehab that year. That said, he’s still my favorite.

7. Cheddar Goldfish is my favorite food group outside of chocolate (well, duh). My future children will have to fight with me over them.

8. I write fiction as a way to send my brain into la-la land, and have since I was in my early teens. One of them is a family epic that I’ve been toying with for twenty years. I secretly hope that it will get published and I’ll be a zillionaire, but I don’t really think it’s that level of writing. Then again (pardon the sacrilege according to some I’ll be committing here saying this), but if Stephenie Meyer can write juvenile tripe like that and make money, I’m thinking that I can, too.

9. I have no patience for people with affectations that they can’t possibly back up financially .

10. I miss teaching, but the way education’s going in this country (swirling toilet), the cost of continuing education (M.Ed., certs, etc), the way parents are, and the way education administration is done, no thank you. I miss it a lot though – very rewarding, very meaningful, very fulfilling. I didn’t even mind not being paid squat.

Let’s see if I can find some different blogs in our circle out there to award (I love you Mrs H, Kellie, Erica, Mary, and y’all – gotta widen the circle though). Hmmm.

1. Jessica at Waiting is the Hardest Part . There’s just a lot in common there for me.

2. Jeny at A Forever Family in the Waiting. My spot for a reality check, and also some really good information.

3. Lynnette at Two Hearts Waiting. She has such an interesting, full life, and I really like her buoyant attitude.

4. Julie&Chris at A Family is Born. I read along with her because she’s run into the same quandary I have: how do you prepare for a child when you have no idea which gender and what age?

5. A + A at A+A Adopt a Baby. They have a LOT of food for thought, from naming a child to transracial adoption.

6. M at A Whole Lot of Hope. She’s been quiet lately, but I attribute that to having a home under construction and the fact she has a very inquisitive cat. Maybe the cat stole her internet. ;)

7. Marcie at Until Someday. She’s going the international route, and her story and her hope is really inspirational.

8. Erin at Waiting for His Time. Along with Henry Street, this was one of my first blogs I ever read. They’ve been matched and just found out it’s a boy.

9. Rachel at Barren Woman. She and her hubs will be parents in January if all goes well. How can you not love a girl who said about her period, “Someday, when I get to Heaven, I am going to kick Eve in the shin.” Amen, sister.

10. Kellie at Over My Ovaries... Mrs H thinks I’m brave for doing private adoption, but I think Kellie’s brave for pursing foster-to-adopt. It takes a special soul to do that.

No comments: