Monday, June 1, 2009

Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are + Other Tidbits

Okay, folks.

You can run, but you can't hide.

You can put a bag or mask on your face, but that doesn't help.

The thing is, I can "see" you. I can see people dropping by from Massachusetts, Louisiana, Florida, Michigan, North Carolina and Canada. Yes, Canada.

Isn't the Internet a scary place?

Not here. Come on over and sit a spell.

~~

Guess who has jumped on the celebrity adoption bandwagon? When I read that the wheel landed on Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban, I was surprised. From Vietnam, no less. On the other hand, Nicole's done it before, and it's not just a passing fancy. But then another source says their rep denies it. But the Embassy... but but but... I guess we'll have to stay tuned.

~~

Octard has signed a contract with a British company to do a show.

The fact that no American TV producer would touch it with a ten foot pole speaks volumes.

Then we have Jon and Kate going down in flames. I don't watch that show. I don't even watch TV much, folks - but so much crap (read: PR?) has hit my newsgroups like a monster blizzard, and even I can tell you that Kate is a once-normal person who turned into a fame whore once things took off, and Jon is completely and utterly pussy-whipped, no spine at all. She treats him like crap and he just takes it. The kids are seeing this and God knows what effect it will have on them.

Are ratings - and therefore money - really worth it? Somehow I doubt it.

~~
And, well, as you can figure, nothing yet. No surprise. Gah.

I'll be posting on the SB (sister blog) here in a bit. Getting back to work - that novel concept! - after being gone for ten days has gotten in the way. I have a post about a third of the way done.

Have a wonderful week, everyone.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I'll bite! I found your blog searching for others in similar stages of domestic adoption, we are getting all of our paperwork ready to be active.