Thursday, June 11, 2009

I Don't Understand It Either

I don't usually venture into politics, and am not going to get into my personal thoughts about politicians and their crap, but I wanted to quote this response to Julie's post today by Brigid:


I can't believe that in light of the huge push to ADOPT unwanted babies instead of MURDERING THEM IN THE WOMB the Right isn't pushing for more tax credits for adoption. It just isn't rational!


Without getting into murky political waters, I'll just say that I agree that it's a strange paradox. Someone I know who is a active in the local pro-life movement has not, as far as I know, addressed this issue. The lawmakers should.

And it's also strange: you would think that one of my US Senators, who is none other than John McCain (who is himself an adoptive parent), would be spearheading the adoption tax credit push and be vocal about it. I don't think he's even heard of it.

Go figure.

No comments: