Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Quickie Update - Profile, Continued

I'm having a crafty-type friend look over my profile format this weekend. She's a scrapbooker and has a better eye for symmetry and presentation than I do. Well, I'm okay at it, but she's much, much better. She can help me rearrange and clean it up. Am I looking for perfection? No. I am looking for clean and easy to read without being too simplistic. Plus, I want an objective eye looking at what I'm writing. Then I'm going to have another friend look at it. I might even have Boss review it just to have that legal view to it. I'll think about that.

Hopefully I'll have the text ready for DH to review and edit this weekend. I'd really really REALLY like to have it out soon; my aim in a previous post might not make it, but who knows. Then do a website (the scrapbook program converts to web format as well as PDF... awesome), then make cards to pass out.
Also, SW really has blown me off for a second time; she was on vacation but now I've given her enough time to catch up. I need to call her tomorrow when Boss is out of the office so I can talk to her in a private setting.
My first question? "So, is your email broken?"
Back to work. Peace out.

5 comments:

Kellie said...

Be careful about asking too many opinions...that's how I got mad and posted about possibly making my blog private! A friend, rather more of an acquaintance, said that our pictures weren't appropriate for adoption, and some seemed uppity or snooty. Hmm...
If you are asking them just to look at the format, that's great. I asked what people thought of our pictures and that's where the snarkiness came in! No more polls or asking opinions on my blog! haha sounds like you are close to completing it, congratulations!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

How exciting!! I really need to get on the ball with ours. It's overwhelming, huh?! What program did you design it in that will convert it to a web page? That's pretty cool!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

Allie said...

Kellie: the "other person" is a friend who did international adoption. Even tho' we're doing domestic, he's been there and done it so his perspective is valuable to me.

Sarah: Take a look at, I think, two posts ago. Art Explosion Scrapbook Deluxe 4.0. It even flips it to .pdf. Probably the best $40 I've spent in this process. :)

Maru said...

Maybe your social worker can loan you other family profiles so you can have an idea of what looks good and what doesn't. Browse some others on the internet. You're very welcome to take a peak at ours. :o) Good luck! -Maru

Erica said...

I think having someone you trust to review your profile is the best thing you can do. For us, who are in the thick of it, it's so hard to be truly objective. It's even hard for some friends and family. Even if the picture is crappy, we love it because we remember the memory surrounding it (ex: we were at the beach on our anniversary trip)...but someone who doesn't know the history of the photo will just say "You know, your eyes are squinty and you just don't look like yourself." I think the photos are the hardest part because we know the story and we get attached to the story...not so much the photo. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Good luck with your SW! Hopefully, she'll get back on the ball soon.

Erica