Monday, July 20, 2009

Just for Fun - 8 things

While I wait for our draft profile feedback from adoptive father friend (scrappy friend gave some great advice this past weekend!), I figured I'd do a silly list for the hell of it.

THE RULES: Meh, Who needs rules? I'm on the computer with lightning in the distance. Rules schmoolz.

8 THINGS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO (no particular order):
"The" phone call
Meeting up with high school friends in October that I haven't seen in 19 years
Going to DC with DH later this week
Fall and cooler temps (it was 110 at 11am this morning - ugh)
Furnishing a nursery
Moving to NC in the next few years - yeah, baby
Getting back to hiking when the weather cools off
Becoming a family of three

8 THINGS I DID YESTERDAY:
Toyed with the profile draft
Sent it off to adoptive parent friend for review
Looked for a new shoulder bag for the trip to DC
Dishes
Survived lunch with the in-laws
Went to Starbucks and journaled
Played around with my mother's sewing machine to see if it still works (yes)
Made fried chicken for dinner

8 THINGS I WISH I COULD DO:
Eat as much as I like and never gain a pound
See my mother one more time and have that "last chat"
Give birth
Play basketball again
Be a good equestrienne
Ride a motorcycle
Ski/board
Sew

8 SHOWS I WATCH:
I don't watch much TV, but when I did,
The Shield
House
Deadwood
Sopranos (before it jumped the shark)
Magnum PI reruns
The Wire
Dead Like Me
(OK, sue me. I hate tv. I had to stretch for this)

8 FAVORITE FOODS:
Homemade tacos and enchiladas
Chocolate in almost any form
Chicken Parm
Robek's Citrus Stinger smoothie
Oranges
Strawberries
Steak
caesar salad

8 PLACES I'VE TRAVELLED:
South/southwestern Ireland
Maui
Virginia Beach
Vail, CO
Niantic Bay, CT (oh yes it's soooooo worth it)
Tri State Area ("New York/NJ/Pennsylvania")
California
Cleveland (ha! it was this or Yucca Valley)

8 PLACES I'D LIKE TO TRAVEL:
Norway (where my namesake was from)
Scotland
Rome (Italy, generally, but Rome - one Mass at St Peter's Square)
Germany
Greece
Russia
France (fergit Paris)
Australia

1 comment:

Erica said...

I know you are eager to get your friend's feedback so you can wrap the profile up. You definitely have a busy schedule ahead of you! I, too, am looking forward to the fall...it's my favorite time of the year. :) I love your little snippits. I wish I could sew too....

Erica