Monday, November 2, 2009

Intermission

Mrs H asked how long The Story is. Truth be told, I’m not really sure how many parts it will have, since I haven’t written it all out yet. All I know is that when I started to write it, it just grew a life of its own, and I knew I had to break it up. We’re to Monday, and we took him home on Friday afternoon (10/9/09), and there wasn’t a day where there wasn’t drama.

So, use the intermission to make a potty run, grab some Jujyfruits and a Coke, and stretch your legs.
~~

I guess the important thing is that he’s home with us. We’ve already had our post-placement visit, and the Petition has been filed as of last week. That means, generally, a court date sometimes in late January or early February, but since the Courts are so overloaded and the State has huge budget issues, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s scheduled even later.
~~

At this particular moment, I have a small boy crying it out downstairs. I made the mistake of letting him sleep too long earlier this morning and I’m paying for it. He has to tire himself out now. He’s fine – fed, burped, dry, danced with for a bit, conversed with, and put down nice and warm – and I have several things to do.
Just as I finished this post and went to proofread it, he went quiet. Ni-ni, sweet pumpkin...
~~

The thumping headache I have this morning has to do with MIL and SIL, who have the bit between their teeth regarding a shower. I made the request that it be a low key affair here at my house; they have blown me off and are planning this ridiculous thing at a place that’s too expensive, with no separate room for such an event, in a place where parking is atrocious. They have blown me off and badgered DH, who has taken a stand on the matter and will continue to. The two of them have also decided to not consult me on date or time, but make it convenient for Princess Entitlement, my n.iece, and not me or, most importantly, The Boy. Excuse me? Grrrr…

I’m going to put the kibosh on the whole thing. Now, if their hearts are set on some sort of fancy affair, then make it the Gotcha Party when we get a court date. THAT is a reason to go whole hog, and something I can get my heart behind.
In the meantime, I'm going to work with T (remember her?) and plan on that low-key affair with a small round of friends I wanted in the first place, since MIL/SIL refuse to honor my request. Do NOT fuck with me when I don't get any sleep.
~~

I’ll post the next installment later this week or on the weekend. Let’s see what happens.
Oh, and I pulled the pic of The Boy from that previous post. I don't want anyone snitching that pic and... you know. It happens in our little circle all too often. : (
~~

Thanks for all the good vibes and commentary on The Story so far. See? I told you that F. was a pain in the ass, and that it’d make you mad, too. And that's part of the reason why it takes to long to write - it's so exhausting just thinking of her crap...

I’m heading down to get some Aleves; this thing is a monster.
Later, gators.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm loving your story. I vote you don't show at the baby shower if they insist on throwing it. But I'm a bit of a mouthy rebel :)

Sissy said...

I would come to your baby shower, no matter where you hold it.

So listen to what happened to us, babyshower-wise. When we found out we were going to get a baby, our church went ahead and planned a shower for after the baby was going to be home. They sent out invitations and everything. And then it fell through. And we had to send out postcards canceling the whole thing. It was the most depressing thing that ever happened, well, besides not getting the baby, of course. It was just so humiliating. At least this happened quickly for you and they didn't have time to plan something before the baby came home...imagine the horror of that!

Mrs H said...

munching on my popcorn waiting for this thing to resume!

I'd boycott that shower! Pooh on them!

You can take as long as you need with this story! Since I am childless i got nothing but time to kill LOL.

I'm glad you're home with the little man and all this badness can fade into the past.