Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Quick Update and Some Baby Candy

It’s been a crazy roller coaster. Up down swing drop wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee… *puke*

We’re so bummed… The Boy will not be coming home until Friday not only because of the meconium he swallowed, but also because I learned from the pediatrician today that BM’s amniotic fluid was, in his words (not mine!), “foul.” Apparently it was rather nasty with pus and all, so I’m glad after the fact that I didn’t witness his birth – I would have gone ballistic right then and there, and probably be carted off to the psych ward. For now, though, it answered the answerable, and I felt better.

The Boy had a rough day yesterday – balked at feeding, didn’t sleep, cried a lot, plus other issues which raised a certain level of alarm. That said, he’s been a champ at both eating and sleeping for over 24 hours now. We are very happy at his progress and hope it continues. I told him ‘hey, kid, you gotta eat to come home,’ and I guess he listened to me.

Added to the worry that he wasn’t thriving yesterday was the facilitator. Long story short (which I will cover in detail later), she made DH mad – and he rarely gets mad. When I elaborate on this point when I have time to write it out, I guarantee you will be as angry as we were yesterday, and I expect a shitstorm of comments.

Smoothing the waters from yesterday was the fact that a) I talked to the pediatrician on staff this morning, which filled in a lot of blanks, and calmed me down because so many of the question marks that COULD be answered without the test results (first poop, placenta) were finally answered; and, b) I spoke to the hospital social worker earlier in the day about the situation with the facilitator. I liked her a lot, right off the bat, and she told me as much as she could without violating her relationship with BM. She said to not worry – there was no reason she could see why The Boy wouldn’t come home with us on Friday.

Until I get a chance to post again, here’s some baby crack:


[PHOTO REMOVED FOR SECURITY PURPOSES 11/2/09]

(and that's pretty sad, isn't it?)

Yes, he is very tiny, but perfect in every way.

I'll be back soon. :)

7 comments:

Dana/WiredDesign said...

He's beautiful!!

hope548 said...

He is absolutely beautiful. I'm sorry there has been so much drama and that he can't come home yet. I hope he continues to do well and will be home with you on Friday. You'll be in my thoughts!

Mrs H said...

He is teeny, tiny adorable! I'm glad he should be coming home soon. Much love!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful baby. I am soo happy for you. Hope he will continue on his road to come home soon.

Anonymous said...

Sounds a bit familiar - C was in the hospital for 8 days, was tiny, and ... well, some other stuff that I don't share in blogland. She is THRIVING despite her rocky entry into the world. If you ever want to chat privately, let me know.

In the meantime, he is so cute!!!! Hang in there and enjoy it!!!!

Kellie said...

He is so adorable, congratulations!

E said...

He's absolutely gorgeous!