Saturday, October 17, 2009

Kreativ Blog Award







Both Rachel and Mary have nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger award. Wow! Thank you, ladies!

Things You May Not Know:
1. I have a mark on my face that is the same as my late mother’s, just on the opposite side. It’s neither a mole nor a birthmark per se, but just a raised spot on my right cheek. Mom’s was on her left. Obviously. Duh.

2. I blew out my knee my junior year of high school, then went two years (including my senior basketball season and my first summer in wildland fire) before getting it reconstructed. Only this week has any irritation been more than annoying; this week, I feel the arthritis. Rats.

3. I didn’t like asparagus until my sister-in-law grilled it… and I loved it! I was twenty seven. My dear mother killed it anytime she cooked it and thus turned me off of it, God rest her soul.

4. While everyone else in junior high and high school were drooling over Duran Duran, Michael Fox, the two Coreys, Anthony Michael Hall, Ralph Macchio, Rob Lowe, etc etc etc, I was hankering for Tom Selleck. I still do to this day. Tom Selleck is not only STILL HOT, he’s a class act. Nummy!!!

5. Facebook is so damned addictive. Probably my best idea yet is to decline every invite to Mafia Wars. Pillow Fight was bad enough, and I deleted it. Chatting with my out of state friends /old high school classmates is more than enough!!

6. There aren’t many things that freak me out, but the thought of anything sting-y (black widow, scorpion, etc) drives me batty. And, since we’re in the desert, I get a lot of sting-y critters.

7. My hair color is completely natural. It mystifies unfamiliar stylists at my salon, makes other people envious. I simply look at it as saving one hell of a lot of money.

Paying it forward:

1. Melissa of Be Still and Know

2. Heartmommy

3. M at Letters to a Birthmother

4. Wendy and Steve at Our Story: Our Journey to Adoption

5. Patti at Pep’s Thoughful Spot

6. Kelly at Uninterrupted Prosperity

7. Sissy at Two Plus One Equals Three

Here are the rules for this one:
1-Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2-Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3-Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4-Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5-Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6-Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7-Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated

Thank you very much!!!



~~

About 3/4 done with The Story. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Thank you for the award, and also for "coming out" on my blog! It's fun to find new readers and also to find more blogs to follow. I look forward to reading about your journey. And oh yeah - CONGRATULATIONS on your referral! So, so exciting!