Monday, May 4, 2009

Pinning Down and (dreaming of) Setting Up

I looked at that minute entry I posted last month to refresh my memory, and my heart sank once I realized that SW has until June 25 to file her report. Gosh, that’s so far away. I haven’t the slightest clue if she’s started working on it, is done with it and submitted it, or what. I have no idea, and it’s driving me crazy. I’ve just sent SW an email with a few polite and quick questions because my curiosity is piqued.

She replied about an hour later. She has submitted the report for review to the powers that be at the agency, and should be sent to the Court sometime next week. However, the bottom line is that the judge has 90 days from 6/25 to say yea or nay, but SW said that it’s usually much sooner than that once the report is in.

I said “OK, no big deal. Just good to know rather than wonder. :)”

And it’s not. I’m no longer hanging. It just boils down to the fact that we’ll be certified (or not! Gotta remember that vague possibility) on or before September 25.

~~

While gathering a present for the christening party DH and I went to on Sunday, I tripped across my nursery theme: duckies! I love duckies, whether the cute ones in baby land or real live ones (I’ll have to get pics of the small gaggle that visits my favorite Starbucks every day looking for crumbs). The color yellow and ducks are both gender neutral, a must if one has not specified what gender one wants.

Since I tripped across my theme, the ideas have swamped my brain. I think I’ll do either cream or white walls with pastel accents and bedding. And there is plenty of cute duckie clothes and stuff out there... simple and easy.

I'll have to find the one big yellow duckie for the top of a shelf or bureau to preside over all.

~~

I’m also a fan of the crib that morphs into a bed as the child gets older. Big fan.

Must find a good deal on one of those.

DH is all for it. He’s like me, very practical.

~~

Because I’m a very practical perso... er, cheapo, I’m all about what hand-me-downs and outfits I can find at the Goodwill or other places. Babies grow so fast, and I refuse to spend what would be the equivalent of a mortgage payment on clothes that the baby would only wear for a few short weeks or a month. Naturally, there will be new, unworn, pristine things for the appropriate occasions; but for the everyday spit-up and other mess parade, there’s no point in spending beaucoup on things.

~~

Nothing is being done for a long while, though. Certification first, the rest to follow.

2 comments:

Mrs H said...

Target has a convertible crib on sale this week. Still kind of pricey though. I asked our SW and she said our homestudy doesn't have to be approved by a judge. I SO need to double check her work!

Duckies are an awesome idea! Yay for you!!

H said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog...especially the age comment! And btw...I LOVE chicks...that's one of my possibilities for the nursery:)