Friday, April 17, 2009

TGIF... With a Vengeance

The story of my poor car can be found here. $4,200+ worth of damage later, I won’t get my car back for two weeks. There’s a $1000 deductible. I hate Enterprise rentals because their shit’s never ready and their cars are usually filthy and stinky, but they’re convenient and close and have a deal with our insurance company.

Some advice: never get a Kia Rondo (the only car they had even remotely ready to take off the lot, and it was still dirty and gross). Small gas tank + V6 gas guzzler = quarter tank of gas used a day. Thank God the gas prices are low.

~~

So AJ and M sent in their questionnaire; AJ called to tell me he had dropped it in the mail. So then I asked SW who else was missing. Oh, only the other two friends. Who have not responded to my email plea. Who seem to have fallen off the face of the earth. Which bothers me immensely. With a court date set in the near future. No complete sentences possible with my brain shivering.

I sure do have a rant boiling in my head, but I have to believe there's good reasons why they haven't turned their stuff in yet. There has to be.

~~

I’ll tell you, it’s been very hard with a situation at work. There has been a young lady (for purposes of this story, “A”) who came to see Boss, with her sister (“B”) in tow, about putting B’s baby up for adoption. A has been the facilitator... and to make a long story short, B’s life and family is such a mess, and she’s so young, that the only option has been to put the baby up for adoption. They’d already had a couple selected but just needed an attorney to protect B’s rights. B already gave the baby to the adoptive parents before they’ve been certified, so it’ll possibly be a guardianship to adoption situation. In the meantime, they have the putative fathers to deal with, so it’s not as cut and dried as one might think.

But yeah, as B wavered about the potential parents, she was looking at a couple of the profiles just for variety. It sort of stung to know that we weren’t in the mix - not because we were an option ... I knew B had already chosen someone – but because we’re just not there yet in the process to show a profile.

~~

Since the cat (Boss) is away, this mouse is taking a sanity day at home after this Thursday to Thursday week from hell.

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

StylinMom said...

ahh this process just takes sooo long..hang in there..

good for you taking a sanity day...we all need those every once in awhile!!

m:)

Erica said...

I know what you mean. It is kind of bittersweet to me when I hear about people getting to show their profiles already. I just keep telling myself that it is going to be us before I know...just one step at a time....