Saturday, April 11, 2009

Everyone Has One

I check my phone at one-ish (I'd left it in my car, as is my habit on weekends), and my friend AJ left a message. He said "I'd really love it if you'd call me back."

Considering I had just talked to his wife M (see previous post), I wondered what was going on. So I call back.

"I feel really really bad, " he said. "I looked over across my desk the other day and realized your questionnaire was still here." He had callled the agency and the guy who answered (A, the intake facilitator there - a really nice man) essentially told him to complete it and send it in.

I about died, but held myself together. "Um, yeah, get that sucker in. She uses all the questionnaires to do her report to the court, so hurry up," never mind that they are the ones I've tapped as potential guardians for our future baby (as I am for their son). So he's filling it out as we talk.

He teased me: "I'll only recommend you if you take my son for two weeks on your own, no help, no nothing, and make it through." He's too funny, especially since their small son (almost two now) is the mellowest baby on earth. And, after reading the question as to how a child would fit into our lifestyle, he joked about putting, "going to bars, getting drunk, slapping guys around... the kid will be fine." Very funny, AJ. But he and M were contrite and panicky.

But yeah... here I am thinking the report was well on its way to Court, and this setback (if you want to call it that). Strange thing is, I haven't heard a thing from SW that anyone's was missing. Hmmm. And I did send her an email this afternoon after the phone call to tell her that she will be receiving that one early in the week . I think I'd better call A on Monday and see what's going on, since SW didn't reply to my last email a couple of weeks ago.

And I'd better call my other references, just in case.

*sigh*

2 comments:

E said...

Hope you're able to get in touch with the SW soon...I'm sure everything will be fine despite this little setback. It's just another hoop to go through. I remember that it is an anxiety-ridden time...good luck! It will all go through and you'll be officially waiting very soon!

Erica said...

I had the same thing happen with our SW. One of our letters got lost in the mail and SW didn't tell me until the day she was supposed to submit...and I had been emailing/calling like every day prior to that. These are just hiccups that God's puts out there to get us used to things not going as planned, since that's what I hear will be the law of the day once kids are in the picture. He is just trying to get us ready. ;)

Erica